There are many great playgrounds in the mountains of Western North Carolina that are so much fun. We have pretty much stopped at all of them, from the small one at All Souls Episcopal, to Carrier Park. Here are a few that you should check out:
- Lake Julian Park - we have been going here since Gigi was just a year old, and now they have a new playground too!
- Carrier Park - we have been having fun in the park for ages and now they just added a bunch of greenways so this is a great place to cycle as well.
- All Souls Episcopal Church - there is this tiny playground right in Biltmore Village that is usually open. We have always stopped by there for at least a few minutes and made an experience out of it.
- Robert Lake Park in Montreat NC - when we lived in Black Mountain, we loved visiting this great park!
- Roy Pope Memorial Park in Woodfin NC - a nice playground right near the Woodfin Police Department.
- Lake Louise Park in Weaverville NC - since my Nana lived in Weaverville, we always visited this park. A great spot and lots of fun.
- Buncombe County Sports Park - we love going to this park, to the playground, playing volleyball or soccer, and a nice walking trail as well.