There are several great beaches in the mountains of Western North Carolina that are so much fun. Here's a great list to get you started on your next adventure:
- Lake Powhatan - me and Dad visit this lake beach regularly. They have swimming, fishing, hiking, biking, a waterfall, and lots of nature.
- Lake Lure - this beach is one of a kind when it comes to mountain beaches. They have a small waterpark and a small town area around the lake. We also bumped into some people fishing with their feet for fresh water clams at the deep end of the swimming area.
- Lake James - we love traveling to this lake to meet friends for the day. It's a great mountain beach with lots of water spots including SUP boards, boats, and more.
- Lake Fontana - in the finger-lakes section of this lake, there is a beach. If you rent a pontoon boat like we did, you can find a bunch of small beach areas along the lakeside.
- Wildcat Lake - we have not been here yet, but it is on our list!
- Lake Glenville - this is another mountain beach that we have not experienced, but we are heading that way soon!